So this is Riley's 3rd Christmas to meet Santa but he is 2 now so it was a bit different than years past. As an infant, he slept thru his first meeting at Breakfast With Santa in West Springs. As a 1 year old he just snarled his nose up at Santa for pictures and was very nonchalant. Well this year he fell in love!
I took him to our favorite photographer, Monica Parkkonen (check her out at www.myimagesbymonica.com ). She has an awesome Santa. Riley did ok at first just playing with toys and standing in the sled. Then he didn't want anything to do with pictures or sitting on a rocking horse or train. All he wanted to do was cling to me. So when Santa came out from hiding behind the tree, my only regret is that Riley's back was to the camera because his sweet face was priceless! He lit up and grinned. He gave Santa a "high 5" and sat in a chair next to him. Santa read a few lines of a book we brought, Santa Mouse. And then Riley stood up in the chair and puckered up his lips (on his own) to kiss Santa, so Santa leaned in and Riley kissed him on the cheek! I told Santa he had no idea how special that was. You see Riley rarely gives out kisses even to Mommy and Daddy so to do that all on his own was a big deal! And before we left Santa even gave Riley a fist pump, one of Riley's favorite things to do!
Needless to say, seeing Riley so excited made me happy and I am very excited to see his sweet face when he sees what Santa has brought him on Christmas morning! When I get the photos back I'll try to post a few!
No comments:
Post a Comment