Monday, March 1, 2010

Sick Days?

Each time I get sick I'm reminded that Mommy's don't get sick days! It makes me so thankful for my Mom and makes me realize the sacrifices that she made for us when she was sick! Prior to parenthood when I was sick Jeremy would go to every take out until he found me some vegetable soup and cornbread. Then he would proceed to heat it up for me and I'd probably even get a foot rub! Today I was sick and when Jeremy got home he went upstairs to run on the treadmill while I cooked our supper of Seafood Chowder. As I cooked I also had to get Riley out of cabinets, be sure I didn't splatter anything hot on him as he was standing right under me, and he spilled all of Garnet's water. Oh and I even had to clean up Garnet's vomit as she got sick twice while I cooked dinner. The life of a Mommy is WAY different and you especially notice it on days like today but I'll tell you what I wouldn't trade anything for seeing Riley's sweet innocent smile when he got home today!

No comments:

Post a Comment