Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Music To My Ears

Riley loves to sing.  His favorite song to sing is Rascal Flatt's "Life Is A Highway" from the Cars movie.  While he sings he often dances, plays his belly as a guitar, plays drums by making fists, or any combination of these. 

He likes to make up songs too while he's playing.  From the time Riley was born, I made up a song that I often sing to him.  He will ask for "Riley's Song" (yes in 3rd person):

Oh My Riley, Riley, Riley
You're so sweet.
Riley, Riley, Riley,
You can't be beat!
Riley, Riley, Riley,
You're the one.
Riley, Riley, Riley,
You're so much fun!

So lately before bed he has said, "I wanna sing Mommy's song." I'll ask him how it goes and he sings:

Mommmmmyy.....Mommmyyy....
I LOVE MY MOMMY!

Then he says he wants to sing Daddy's song:

Daddy loves basketball
Daddy loves football
Daddy loves racecars
Daddy loves Riley!
Daddy loves Mommy

Since Riley has been consistent in these 2 songs for Mommy and Daddy over the past week or so I figured I should document it so I don't EVER forget them!!

Riley at a recent trip to Chuck E. Cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment