I absolutely can't believe I've hit 30! I guess it is so true that time flies when you're having fun! My birthday was celebrated with lunch and an awesome strawberry cream cheese cake at work. This was followed by dinner at High Cotton in Greenville with Jeremy. We loved High Cotton by the way! And Saturday Jeremy brought home a peanut butter ice cream cake that our friend Brymer made. And my family plans to celebrate with a home-cooked lunch by my Mom in the near future!
peanut butter ice-cream cake
Best strawberry cake ever!
most recent picture of myself...at the circus with Riley
So where am I at 30? I'm married to my best friend. We have a beautiful 2 year old son Riley and are expecting another son Reid soon. We have an adorable dog, Garnet. We have been blessed to join a church nearby and have begun making new friends there. I am a pharmacist and absolutely love my current job. We own our own house and vehicles. We have paid both of our student loans off. My family is close to us. So basically, I could hardly ask for anything more! We are blessed to say the least.
So what have I learned in my 30 years?
- That truthful, honest people have few friends; fake people have many.
- Life is not about what others think but is what you make of it.
- Hard work pays off.
- God never leaves you. You may try to leave Him but he NEVER leaves you!
- There are very few people you can really trust.
- Being a mother is my greatest but most difficult accomplishment to date.
- It's true, you really do start to hear yourself say things your parents said (and you never thought you'd ever say)
- A job is not worth having if you're not happy working it.
- There will never be enough time in 1 day.
- Once you have children time starts to literally fly by!
- It's not worth it to worry over other's judgements of you; the only judgement that really matters is God's and God's alone.
Blessed, so very blessed at 30. Praying for 30 more years and looking forward to what God has in store for me!
No comments:
Post a Comment