Garnet had her 1st check-up today at Upstate. She was very anxious once I pulled into the parking lot. She had her staples removed. While waiting on Dr. Morrison she used her right back paw 3 different times, lifting it to move so I was in shock! We're all still cautiously optimistic. She did have good leg tone, some hip movement, and she wagged her tail. And the best part was she had some pain sensation today! She whimpered once and looked back but didn't squeal and jerk back as we had hoped. I feel bad getting excited about her being in pain but it means she's hopefully getting it back! Bladder control will probably come back much later. Now we have a couple of new exercises to do in addition to the old ones and we're gonna start taking her outside to try to let her drag herself around so maybe she'll start going to the bathroom on her own. We also are going to start letting her practice standing on carpet so she can get a better grip instead of sliding around so much. And I touched base with our regular vet at Pet Vac. Even though Garnet will require more attention than we had expected, they have agreed to let us still kennel her there for our vacation!! So now we know she'll still be getting the care she needs!
And Riley is doing pretty good. Once I fix Garnet's food bowl I let him carry it to her. Jeremy snuck up on Riley yesterday very hesitantly walking up to Garnet then very gently petting her head and backing away! He's just TOO cute!
A big THANK YOU to those of you reading this for your prayers and concern. Everyone has been so kind to call and check on Garnet and send us encouraging messages, etc. We really appreciate it!
Glad she will be in good hands and that Riley is doing well :)
ReplyDelete